MazdaChat

Go Back   MazdaChat > Registry discussions > Miata: 97 M

Miata: 97 M Discussions about the 1997 M Edition - Marina Green

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2009   #1
Gary J Fischman
Zookeeper

Default Welcome tot he '97 M-Edition discussion section

This section is to discuss the 1997 M-Edition Registry.

Enjoy!
Mazda-speed.com

Turn off these ads?
Old 19th May 2009   #2
sprout97

I purchased my car as a lease return, Sept. 2000. At the time, just 4,662 miles on the clock! She's held up well (now 85,689 (she's my DD as well as my toy)). No real changes to date, but she's getting a new glass Speedster/economy cloth top (w/ a glass defroster window) installed later this week. Later this summer, FCM 54mm bump stops & shock mounts are going in once I send off my brand new Bilsteins HDs for a revalving.

For the record:
JM1NA3538V0731760
Build month: 2/97
Old 20th May 2009   #3
sdb

I purchased mine in Aug of 08 and am the 3rd owner. Lucy currently has about 113K on the clock. JM1NA3536V0728422. It was the 28422nd car made in the 7th production year. I don't know how to figure out where she was in the 97M production run, but it looks like she was produced in January of '97.
Old 21st July 2009   #4
sprout97

While I tried -- and am still trying -- to get the ball rolling for the '97 M-Edition, what Gary said on the BRG thread regarding general interest in registries is likely true. I actually thought that there might actually be an interest for the last of the M-Editions. After the registry was "constructed" courtesy of Gary, I even started a separate thread in the NA section of Miata.net forum to link to MazdaChat to help get the word out. Sadly, the result is 7 (out of 3000), counting my own, plus a couple of newbies that are interested, but as yet haven't registered. I certainly can't speak for the BRGs, the LEs, or the Rs in terms of numbers on the forums, but I do know of at least another 15 '97s that are regular users of the forum (including a vendor) who haven't joined. But I keep hoping.
Old 29th July 2009   #5
sprout97

Default Long-term plan?

As our "babies" are currently 12-12 1/2 years old, what path do you plan to take with your M? Bone stock, some modding, or major modifications. Yeah, I know, a similar thread was running on Miata.net about a year ago. But that also wasn't focusing on the last year of the M. Sprout's not staying completely oem, just upgrading where it makes sense come repair/replacement time. I'd like to keep EVERYTHING reversable, but the Randall Intake and the FM Butterfly brace are sorely tempting
Old 30th July 2009   #6
Gary J Fischman
Zookeeper

While I realize it doesn't matter much since no one is reading the forum, you might be better off starting a *new* thread rather than responding to the Welcome thread.
Mazda-speed.com
Old 15th November 2009   #7
Sam Powell

Default Still around.

I am still here, and still driving my '97 M. I have just put new Koni Sports on it with 46mm FCM bumpstops. It is a nice improvement. Am adding the boundry engineering sub frame connector caps in a bit. And, will try and find a decent hart top for it in the next 4 to 6 months. Love, the car.

Sam
Old 28th September 2010   #8
rojeho

Thanks for setting this up. Can't believe I've been on Miata.net for so long and never thought to click on the registry sticky. Going to go add to the registry now
Closed Thread