MazdaChat

Go Back   MazdaChat > Coffee Shop > Off topic
Register Forgot Password

Off topic Just be sure to keep it family friendly. And No personal attacks!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2008   #1
Jim M AKA Miatajim
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southington, CT
Posts: 50
Default Sturdy cars make it harder for rescuers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080319/...too_tough_cars
__________________
Miata Titanium Gray Metallic®'04 Mazdaspeed, HDHCDD. Full FM Intake kit, GFB VTA, FM Downpipe, FM o2 signal modifier, MBC 10PSI, BEGi Intercooler Upgrade, Enthuza XR Exhaust, Mazdaspeed springs, 200+ WHP.
Jim M AKA Miatajim is offline  
 
Miata.net is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you prefer to keep blocking ads, please consider becoming a Supporting Member.
We do not display ads to Supporting Members.
Turn off these ads?
Old 20th March 2008   #2
aeagles
Junior Member
 
aeagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7
Default

didn't I just read this on that other forum?

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=273424

Last edited by aeagles; 20th March 2008 at 14:26. Reason: plagiarist!
aeagles is offline  
Old 21st March 2008   #3
hobie237
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 79
Default

Hybrids are a royal PITA, due to the amounts of electricity that can be flowing through the chassis in a wreck, as well as the chemicals in the batteries. IIRC the Prius has the batteries in the rear and the engine in the front, so it has a really big extension cord between them that requires you to be very careful with the jaws of life. I wish I remembered more, but I haven't been to any training sessions in quite some time now.
__________________
-Ricky
hobie237 is offline  
Old 26th March 2008   #4
autoXchick
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeagles View Post
didn't I just read this on that other forum?

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=273424
Yeah, like no one else has ever posted this story or anything even remotely like it anywhere else on the entire internet?
autoXchick is offline  
Old 26th March 2008   #5
hobie237
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 79
Default

There is nothing wrong with discussing the same articles in both places.
__________________
-Ricky
hobie237 is offline  
Old 26th March 2008   #6
aeagles
Junior Member
 
aeagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoXchick View Post
Yeah, like no one else has ever posted this story or anything even remotely like it anywhere else on the entire internet?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
aeagles is offline  
Old 26th March 2008   #7
foldsct
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie237 View Post
Hybrids are a royal PITA, due to the amounts of electricity that can be flowing through the chassis in a wreck, as well as the chemicals in the batteries. IIRC the Prius has the batteries in the rear and the engine in the front, so it has a really big extension cord between them that requires you to be very careful with the jaws of life. I wish I remembered more, but I haven't been to any training sessions in quite some time now.

Where I live, they just finished the training sessions about the jaws of life and the electrical cars.

It is truly an intricate procedure, and one that I hope to never take part in.

It's scary stuff.
foldsct is offline  
Old 26th March 2008   #8
autoXchick
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeagles View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thanks! I thought it was hilarious. I'm always happy to see someone appreciates my sense of humor.
autoXchick is offline  
Old 26th March 2008   #9
hobie237
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldsct View Post
Where I live, they just finished the training sessions about the jaws of life and the electrical cars.

It is truly an intricate procedure, and one that I hope to never take part in.

It's scary stuff.
I'm due for all my refreshers this summer, so I'll likely get an update then. Since I'm not actively rescuing anyone at the moment it's not of primary concern, but I like to keep appraised of what's going on. Since I worked at the beach in the summer, windows were almost always down, making extrication relatively simple, just grab and yank.
__________________
-Ricky
hobie237 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2007-2012, Eunos Communications LLC